Friday, March 20, 2009

Wouldn't It Be Lover-ly ... to be Miss Hepburn

So today, all that I can think about is Audrey Hepburn and how wonderfully talented and beautiful she is. She definitely has that 'classic' style that will live on forever. Beautiful women will always be compared to her ...

"My look is attainable. Women can look like Audrey Hepburn by flipping out their hair, buying the large sunglasses, and the little sleeveless dresses."




The first time that I saw her was back in high school. For most of you, that was just a year or two ago (or you're still in high school). For me, that was (cough) 15 years ago. I was in AP English and we were watching Pygmalion (My Fair Lady's original name). I was completely entranced by her grace and glamour ... I wanted to BE her!

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”





Even as a dirty little urchin at the beginning of the movie ... she was amazing.

“People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.”



Besides being fantastically elegant, she was very passionate about charities and helping others. I mean, she worked with UNICEF for over 40 years, even receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom for her efforts.

“Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.”

Come to find out ... we're more alike than I realized:
"You can even say that I hated myself at certain periods. I was too fat, or maybe too tall, or maybe just plain too ugly... you can say my definiteness stems from underlying feelings of insecurity and inferiority. I couldn't conquer these feelings by acting indecisive. I found the only way to get the better of them was by adopting a forceful, concentrated drive."

I really wish that there were more actresses like her ... people in general for that matter. She was, and still is, my favorite! I will leave you with one more of her thoughts:

“I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.”

Smiles,
Angie

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this was amazing. She really is one of a kind. And so are you. Thank you for all of your kinds words. Have an amazing day.

    -Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!
    And I absolutely love Audrey Hepburn.
    Like we were talking about before, if only all women/ladies were as classy and elegant and generous as she was this world would be a much better place!

    great post!
    xo Kat.

    ReplyDelete