Thursday, March 19, 2009

Art Garfunkel is a genius ...

Yes ... I love Paul Simon too, but one song that makes me happy whenever I'm feeling blue is 'The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)'. If you've heard it, then you know ...

For those of you who may not have heard it ~ first, you should youtube it right now ... my blog can wait... second, I placed the lyrics below so you could at least experience its brilliance.


Slow down, you move too fast
You got to make the morning last
Just kicking down the cobble stones
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.
*
Hello lamppost,
What cha knowing?
I've come to watch your flowers growing.
Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in' doo-doo,
Feelin' groovy.
*
Got no deeds to do,
No promises to keep.
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
Life, I love you,
All is groovy.
*
~ Art Garfunkel

1 comment: