Monday, March 9, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday ...

I survived birthday weekend unscathed! YAY!

So, I wanted to share with you the song that I am totally loving right now. It is "Tangled Up In Blue" by Ani DiFranco. It is a brilliant remake of the Bob Dylan classic. Her raw, passionate voice is a perfect match for this song. If you haven't heard it, I believe that it's in my Last.fm library. http://www.last.fm/user/anewbury. I hope that this address will get you at least to my profile, so that you can access my library. I'm not real computer savvy, so we'll see :)

Another song that I'm loving is "Spaceman" by 4 Non Blondes (I don't think it's in my library yet, but you should check it out). I had a friend back in the day that was going through some real serious health issues (AIDS is so devastating you guys, so please, support your local AIDS foundation. They really need your help and you get the opportunity to meet some of the most selfless, honest people around!). He listened to this song everyday. Somehow, it always made him feel better ... and listening to it today reminds me of nothing but good times with him. His eyes were so dark and his skin was so pale, but when he heard this song (or watched That 70's Show), his eyes lit up and he smiled so big ... I really miss him a whole bunch ... everyday! He was the reason that I became involved with charities in the first place. (I'm getting teary ... sorry!)

Anyway, I wanted to share these two songs with anybody who wants to listen. I think they're fabulous songs and I hope you end up feeling the same! Take care you guys!

Smiles,
Angie

On a side note, I heard the song "Thank You" from Dido this weekend. It instantly made me think of Hilarie Burton and her vlog about the upcoming changes on One Tree Hill ... although I believe that the "best days" of her life are still ahead of her! Sometimes, a person will touch your heart in the midst of doing something very painful (or very freeing) ... in this case, a very intimate and personal vlog, and you remember it always. I don't think I'll ever forget the sound of Hilarie's voice in that vlog. She has incredible composure ...

No comments:

Post a Comment