Thursday, March 5, 2009

I heart SGP

My only follower that does not follow Southern Gothic Productions is Cory ... so I'm calling you out :)

Let me tell you a little about SGP. I think (know) that you will love them and want to follow them on their journey as well ... maybe even get your friends to follow too!

They are a small production company from Wilmington, NC formed by the wonderful and talented team of Hilarie Burton and Kelly Tenney. They specialize in ... surprise ... Southern Gothic. If you're not familiar with Southern Gothic ... it uses very intense, sometimes deeply flawed characters to explore social aspects (mostly of the unpleasant variety) of the South. Carson McCullers, Flannery O'Connor and William Faulkner are excellent examples of this type of genre. You should also check out Nicholas Gray. His works include The Devil's Greatest Wile, The Dying Words Of Edison Strange, Population 8 and Pedestrian (which is currently being produced by SGP).

They are all gifted, artistic, brilliant and surprisingly humble. Everytime they post, you learn something about the project, something about them ... and something about yourself. At least, that has been my experience. I encourage you to check them out. They are "the little engine that could" that will continue to grow and grow, all the while allowing us to ride along on their journey with them. They are FABULOUS!!!

Thank you for reading ... and check them out!!!

Smiles,
Angie

My puppy Elsinor (Ellie) loves SGP too!!!



5 comments:

  1. Haha I'm very flattered that this post was (sort-of) dedicated to me. This SGP sounds very interesting. I will definitely check them out. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great post! SGP is amazing :) and your puppy is adorable!

    thanks for the kind words and the quote (i love quotes). it really made me feel better. :) and the best news... we share the same birthday!!! it's definately the best day out of the whole year.. yep. so HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGIE! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Angie!!! My birthday was the day that you posted!! thanks for that, by the way... I really dig you blog!! be sure to visit my personal blog!!


    Ge.
    Theskratchpadd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. how freaking CUTE is your dog?!

    ReplyDelete