Sunday, April 12, 2009

Glitter In The Air

So, for a couple of weeks now, I seriously haven't been myself. I'm usually a happy-go-lucky girl with a smile always on my face. Lately, I've been quite a downer. No more. I'm finished with that. What changed? Well, I was listening to some of my old records yesterday and came across Nena's '99 Luftballons'. I started to play it and I could feel tons of weight come off of my shoulders. I don't know what it is about listening to a song that is in a foreign language. I think it's that you feel the music and the words, instead of just listening to them ... like I imagine opera to be.

I totally feel like throwing a bunch of glitter confetti up in the air and dancing around like a little girl on her birthday ... center stage ... belle of the ball.

I forget about the little things that make me truly happy. I figured that I would list them here, so that I could go back and remind myself of what really matters in this world.

Kittens, vinyl records, a pair of perfect-fitting and worn in jeans, shopping at second-hand stores, hats, snuggly blankets, wood heat and hot cocoa on a cold winter's day, standing/dancing in the rain, my cat Pinkus and my dog Ellie, my autographed picture of Hilarie Burton that I bought off of Ebay (that is probably a total fake, but I love the idea of it), One Tree Hill, my Marilyn Monroe collection, butterfly-collared polyester shirts, comfy slippers, the art of Mark Ryden and music, music, music. Music is a cure all for me! In fact, I've added my fourth playlist on Last.fm ... if you want to check them out, my site is: http://www.last.fm/user/anewbury. I hope that maybe it can be a cure all for you too, if you're feeling down or sad or just out-of-sorts.

Anyhoo ~ feeling so much better and wouldn't have if not for music and my friends on Southern Gothic's site (http://southerngothicproductions.blogspot.com/). Check them out too ... you'll be awfully glad that you did!

Smiles,
Angie

3 comments:

  1. You need to always remember about those little tings that make you happy. Never, ever forget about them! For me, things that make me happy and keep me smiling all the time are my little treasures, my comfort zone I guide with my life :)
    xoxo,
    Kasia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding yourself like you did is always a very motivational step. That's so exciting that you've found happiness like that again. I'm happy for you my dear and I hope that things continue to go your way. :)

    oh and I def read your list of favorite things to the tune of Sound of Music haha. hope you don't mind.

    Stay Amazing,
    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music so totally heals the soul. I never realised that until I listened to World Spins Madly On by the Weepies and I knew that without a doubt there was a song for every event you would ever go through in life and it would make you laugh or cry or just feel everything you need to feel in that moment...

    Hugzzzz

    Alicia..

    ReplyDelete