Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Songs To Live And Die By

So, I've been reading over all of these Top 10 song lists and have seen some great choices ... Hilarie with her Ben Kweller, James with his Ray LaMontagne, Kelly bringing SexyBack, Nick rockin' the Pink Floyd (one of my favorite bands of all times) and Megs with her (our) Ryan Adams. I figured I'd throw in my 2 cents and see what ya'll think.

1- Ani DiFranco ~ Untouchable Face (this song is raw and real and effective - this chick is so talented that it scares me a little)
2- Screeching Weasel ~ Cool Kids (all time favorite fun, get happy song of mine)
3- Mazzy Star ~ Blue Light (completely mellow and heart-felt - Hope Sandoval, the lead singer, is incredible ... and I love tambourines)
4- dada ~ Dizz Knee Land (ok, for those of you who have never heard this song ... please do ... it reminds me of being a rebellious little imp ~ rebelling against THE MAN)
5- NoFx ~ Soul Doubt (this song has gotten me through a lot of ups and downs in my life -> and many long road trips)
6- Dierks Bentley ~ Long Trip Alone (what can I say, his voice is sexy as hell ... I mean wow ... )
7- Juliana Hatfield ~ Live On Tomorrow (she has the voice of an angel. It's funny too because a long time ago, there was a tv show called My So-Called Life ... and Juliana played an angel in one episode ... and it made me cry because her voice has so much feeling and so much passion ... I can't even imagine a person not being affected by it)
8- Dead Milkmen ~ (it's a toss-up between Bitchin' Camero and Punk Rock Girl -> need I say more?)
9- Johnny Clegg & Savuka ~ Woman Be My Country (This band is very interesting. The lead singer is English and the rest of the band is South African ... which makes for an eclectic mix, that's for sure. This song is flat-out Beautiful!)

For #10, I couldn't decide between 3 different songs (and they are extremely different from each other ... which furthered my indecisiveness). They are:

The Ramones ~ I Wanna Be Sedated (classic, happy, get-up-and-do-something)
CKY ~ Escape From Hellview (hard-hitting, raw, love it)
Marilyn Monroe ~ Two Little Girls From LittleRock (what can I say ... it's Ms. Monroe!)

You can see my dilema (if you know all three songs) :P
I would be very curious to see what you may think ... if you've heard them ... if you like them ... if you hate them.

Smiles,
Angie

3 comments:

  1. Ramones rock the house out... Period. I gotta work on your list... very tasty... will need to nibble and open my mind to a higher level.
    kt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ramones do indeed rock the house! Let me know what you think about the rest ... they're YUMMY!

    Smiles,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete