Sunday, May 10, 2009

You Can Stand Under My Umbrella ...

I was thinking ... hmmmmmmm ... I haven't done a "quote post" in a little while, so here are some of my faves. All but one come from One Tree Hill ... but they are special ones that have deep meanings for me personally. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do :)

"Draw a crazy picture,
Write a nutty poem,
Sing a mumble-gumble song,
Whistle through your comb.
Do a loony-goony dance
'Cross the kitchen floor,
Put something silly in the world
That ain't been there before."
~ Shel Silverstein

"I want to draw something that means something to someone! You know, I want to draw blind faith, or a fading summer, or just a moment of clarity. It's like when you go and see a really great band for the first time and nobody is saying it but everybody is thinking it. We have something to believe in again. I want to draw that feeling... but I can't. And if I can't be great at it, then I don't want to ruin it. It's too important to me."
~ Peyton Sawyer

"You were wrong yesterday when you said the kids in the clubs were just there for decadence. I think it's more like romance and hope and inspiration and that feeling that you get when other human beings pick up basic instruments and make sense of your world. And the day that I think it's just about making money is gonna be the day that. I've betrayed everything I believe in about music and life and myself."
~ Peyton Sawyer

"Yeah, but there’s a great story behind it! Right before graduation, I went with some friends to this big outdoor music festival in Winston-Salem. It was in the middle of a field called The Meadow. Night comes,… this terrible thunderstorm rolls in. Thunder, lightening. None of the bands could play. Thirty thousand people, mud up to our knees… waiting it out. Praying for the storm to break. But it never did. Power’s lost,… there’s nothing but the sound of the rain. Then, out of the blackness,… Paul Westerberg steps into center stage with an acoustic guitar. And plays ‘Here Comes a Regular’. Thirty thousand people fall silent to hear that one… acoustic guitar. And the one voice that accompanied it. It was transcendent… standing there,… in the darkness, listening to that song with my best friends. I think that was the moment in my life where I felt most alive."
~ Ellie Harp


Smiles,
Angie

2 comments:

  1. I Love all of those quotes, but my favorite quote is the first one that you posted by Peyton Sawyer. Great post!

    :)

    Kait

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply love the Ellie Harp one. I guess it's my favorite part of OTH. Thanx :)

    ReplyDelete