Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Candle In The Wind ...

Ever since I was a little girl, Marilyn Monroe has been one of my favorite actresses/singers of all times. For being such a beautiful face in the crowd, she had a rough life and in the end, she never received the kudos that I believe she should have. She was very smart (although none-too-many believed that). I thought I would share some of her quotes with you, so that maybe you could understand as well how wonderful she really was. She touched my heart in every movie she was in, every interview that she gave and every song that she sang.


"My illusions didn't have anything to do with being a fine actress. I knew how third rate I was. I could actually feel my lack of talent, as if it were cheap clothes I was wearing inside. But, my God, how I wanted to learn, to change, to improve!"

"In Hollywood, a girl's virtue is much less important than her hairdo. You're judged by how you look, not by what you are. Hollywood's a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for kiss, and fifty cents for your soul. I know, because I turned down the first offer often enough and held out for the fifty."

"People had a habit of looking at me as if I were some kind of mirror instead of a person. They didn't see me, they saw their own lewd thoughts, then they white-masked themselves by calling me the lewd one."

"I've often stood silent at a party for hours listening to my movie idols turn into dull and little people."

"I am involved in a freedom ride protesting the loss of the minority rights belonging to the few remaining earthbound stars. All we demanded was our right to twinkle."

"No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they're pretty, even if they aren't."

"I`ve never dropped anyone I believed in."

"I love a natural look in pictures. I like people with a feeling one way or another - it shows an inner life. I like to see that there`s something going on inside them."

"My problem is that I drive myself... I`m trying to become an artist, and to be true, and sometimes I feel I`m on the verge of craziness, I`m just trying to get the truest part of myself out, and it`s very hard. There are times when I think, `All I have to be is true`. But sometimes it doesn`t come out so easily. I always have this secret feeling that I`m really a fake or something, a phony."


And there you have it! Marilyn Monroe. Real. Envied. Alone. Scared. Strong. Sensitive. Compassionate. Soulful. Aware. Ingriguing.

I can't imagine what life would have been like for her. All that she wanted was to be loved. She got WAY MORE than she bargained for. Fame got in the way and destroyed her inner child, much to her chagrin. I wish that I could go back in time and give her a big giant hug and let her know that everything was going to be ok. Sometimes, that's all people really need ... a little support, a little confidence, a little love. I know I certainly do! Life is just too hard sometimes. It's nice to know that someone cares.

Smiles,
Angie

1 comment:

  1. I love this! You're blogs are always so amazing :)

    ReplyDelete